Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

New Year 2018

I'm back again after a long break for about 3 months. I was away in my homeland Sabah. Guess, with all the festive programmes of Christmas and family gatherings there was very little chance for me to get online. More so with internet wifi having network problem. Most of the time it happened due to rainy seasons often accompanied by frightening thunder & lightning. Apart from that, I had been very busy rearranging our family house. It was a huge work. I got rid a lot of things from the house, sent some to recycle center & donated others. I managed to minimize my items to 12 smaller container boxes. I felt so relieved & lighter. Finally, I was able to get rid a lot of things which I didn't really need. Still, I'm hoping that one day I could reduce them to just 5 boxes. 


This year my resolution will be simpler & I'll go more casual. I used to write like I was writing for a newsletter or newspaper because I was concern about my students. They wanted to learn English for their exams. Now that I'm no longer with them, I prefer to be more direct & precise. I will deal with my own imperfections & limitations easily. I guess part of this is about the aging process. As we age day by day, we should learn how to let go of things especially those which challenge our patience. I don't want to grow old being cranky or depending on tranquilizer pills. I always believe in spending some quiet moments of silence to have peace of mind & heart. Decluttering helps me to relax my mind. Being positive helps me to do the right thing. I'm sure everybody wants the freedom to move freely and the best way is to let go of things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment