Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Simple life

I'm bringing today some simple recipes from home. We had some overripe bananas which I turned into mashed banana fritters and steamed cake. Simple food for a simple life. We try not to waste what are left in the kitchen. These Malaysian local cakes are for tea or coffee break. The ingredients you need are ripe bananas, all-purpose flour, sugar and milk/water. I like to put a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of vegetable oil or butter. Recipe can be found here.


It's really a hot summer. I spent sometime in the living room crocheting with windows open and fan on, while listening to FM 105.7, some oldies and countries from the 70s. At the same time, I'm also thinking of my plan to go back to Asia. I call it my own sabbatical leave. I'm glad that my husband understands my intentions - have a list of them, though it hurts to be away from each other for quite sometime. I can choose to remain at home but I may regret later for not trying something which I think I need to do. However, I won't insist too much. I know I need to be open with other possibility and I  don't want to make life more complicated. What will be the prize for being overly ambitious? So, I rather let life flow freely, accordingly, and not to be stressed out so much.   


No comments:

Post a Comment